MLS Libraries Ask “Are You Prepared?”
When Natural Disasters Threaten
When the tornado is headed right at you, it’s too late to make your emergency plans.
That’s why the Metropolitan Library System and the American Red Cross have developed “Are You Prepared? Ice Storms, Fires, and Tornadoes.” This one-hour program will be presented at neighborhood MLS libraries beginning on April 6 through May 13. Sixteen libraries will host the event.
“Postponing making a list of emergency items you’ll need when the worst happens is too easy,” said MLS Director of Outreach Services Dana Morrow, “but that list should be ready for use at a moment’s notice. In fact, your supplies should be already collected and available at hand.
“We don’t want to make it sound like disaster is inevitable, but just look at the things that have been happening in Oklahoma lately. Tornadoes, fires, floods, even earthquakes. We just invite personal disaster when we’re not ready to face the worst.”
A representative from the American Red Cross of Central Oklahoma will lead each session and be available for questions and answers during and after each presentation.
- Tuesday, April 6 at 6:30p.m. -- Belle Isle Library, 5501 N. Villa (843-9601)
- Thursday, April 8 at 6:30p.m. -- Ralph Ellison Library, 2000 N.E. 23rd (424-1437)
- Tuesday, April 13 at 6p.m. -- Choctaw Library, 25235 Muzzy Street (390-8418)
- Wednesday, April 14 at 1p.m. -- Nicoma Park Library, 2240 Overholser, Nicoma Park (769-9452)
- Wednesday, April 14 at 6:30p.m. -- The Village Library, 10307 N. Pennsylvania (755-0710)
- Thursday, April 15 at 2p.m. -- Wright Library, 2101 Exchange (235-5035)
- Thursday, April 15 at 6:30p.m. -- Warr Acres Library, 5901 N.W. 63rd ( 721-2616)
- Wednesday, April 21 at 6p.m. -- Del City Library, 4509 S.E. 15th (672-1377)
- Thursday, April 22 at 7p.m. -- Edmond Library, 10 S. Boulevard (341-9282)
- Tuesday, April 27 at 6p.m. -- Capitol Hill Library, 334 S.W. 16th (634-6308)
- Monday, May 3 at 6:30p.m. -- Southern Oaks Library, 6900 S. Walker (631-4468)
- Wednesday, May 5 at 3:30p.m. -- Luther Library, 310 N.E. 3rd, Luther (277-9967)
- Saturday, May 8 at 2p.m. -- Midwest City Library, 8143 E. Reno (732-4828)
- Monday, May 10 at 10:30a.m. -- Harrah Library, 1930 N. Church Avenue, Harrah (454-2001)
- Tuesday, May 11 at 6:30p.m. -- Downtown Library, 300 Park Avenue (231-8650)
- Thursday, May 13 at 6:30p.m. -- Bethany Library, 3510 N. Mueller (789-8363)
|The Metropolitan Library System of Oklahoma County includes 12 libraries and five extension libraries. Libraries include Belle Isle, Capitol Hill, Ralph Ellison, Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library and Southern Oaks in Oklahoma City, as well as Bethany, Choctaw, Del City, Edmond, Midwest City, Village and Warr Acres. Extensions are located in the communities of Harrah, Jones, Luther and Nicoma Park and include Wright Library in Oklahoma City. You can also reach us at www.metrolibrary.org.