Library Resume Writing Seminar Helps Job Hunters
They can’t offer you a job if they don’t know you exist.
The best way to introduce yourself to job recruiters is with an effective resume. Want to know how to create a professional one? Want to know how to make yourself a winning candidate?
The Metropolitan Library System will present through February and March a series of workshops called “Winning Resumes—Winning Jobs.” The sessions are designed for adults. They are free and open to the public.
“We will teach you,” said Dana Morrow, the Metropolitan Library System’s Director of Outreach Services, “the essential tools you will need to assist in finding a job. Leading recruiters from some of the top companies in Oklahoma City will lead these sessions and be on hand to answer your questions.”
The first session is on Feb. 15. The workshop will be repeated for a total of nine sessions.
The Metropolitan Library System of Oklahoma County includes 12 libraries and five extension libraries. Libraries include Belle Isle, Capitol Hill, Ralph Ellison, Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library and Southern Oaks in Oklahoma City, as well as Bethany, Choctaw, Del City, Edmond, Midwest City, Village and Warr Acres. Extensions are located in the communities of Harrah, Jones, Luther and Nicoma Park and include Wright Library in Oklahoma City. You can also reach us at www.metrolibrary.org.
- Monday, Feb. 15, 2:00 p.m. -- The Village Library, 10307 N. Pennsylvania (755-0710)
- Thursday, Feb. 18, 6:30 p.m. -- Del City Library, 4509 S.E. 15th (672-1377)
- Thursday, Feb. 25, 6:30 p.m. -- Warr Acres Library, 5901 N.W. 63rd ( 721-2616)
- Tuesday, March 2, 6 p.m. -- Choctaw Library, 25235 Muzzy Street (390-8418)
- Saturday, March 6, 2 p.m. -- Bethany Library, 3510 N. Mueller (789-8363)
- Tuesday, March 9, Noon -- Downtown Library, 300 Park Avenue (231-8650)
- Tuesday, March 16, 6:30 p.m. -- Belle Isle Library, 5501 N. Villa (843-9601)
- Tuesday, March 23, 2 p.m. -- Edmond Library, 10 S. Boulevard (341-9282)
- Tuesday, March 30, 2 p.m. -- Southern Oaks Library, 6900 S. Walker (631-4468)