Winning Job Interviews Seminar
Sponsored by Metropolitan Library System
A great employment resume helps, and an online job application can make you look good, but nothing beats a face-to-face interview when it comes to job hunting.
Want to know how to make yourself a winning candidate? The more prepared and confident you are for a job interview, the better your chances of getting the job will be. Join Belinda Martin, former training manager for a Fortune 500 company and founder of Interviewing Well, for “Winning Interviews, Winning Jobs.” Her seminar is completely free of charge and will be presented at ten Metropolitan Library System locations around Oklahoma County between September 11 and November 13, 2010.
“The job market isn’t getting any easier,” said MLS Director of Outreach Services Dana Morrow, “and we want to give job-hunters that little edge that comes with feeling confident about their interview skills. No one can do that for us better than Belinda Martin, who has been working with employees and potential employees for a long time. She can’t attend the interview with you, but she can get you in great shape for going to it alone.”
Library schedule for “Winning Interviews, Winning Jobs”:
- Saturday, Sept. 11 at 3:00p.m. -- Capitol Hill Library, 334 S.W. 16th (634-6308)
- Thursday, Sept. 16 at 6:30p.m. -- Del City Library, 4509 S.E. 15th (672-1377)
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 6:30p.m. -- Warr Acres Library, 5901 N.W. 63rd (721-2616)
- Saturday, Oct. 2 at 2:00p.m -- Downtown Library, 300 Park Avenue (231-8650)
- Tuesday, Oct. 5 at 6:30p.m. -- Edmond Library, 10 S. Boulevard (341-9282)
- Saturday, Oct. 16 at 2:00p.m. -- Bethany Library, 3510 N. Mueller (789-8363)
- Monday, Oct. 18 at 6:00p.m. -- Ralph Ellison Library, 2000 N.E. 23rd (424-1437)
- Tuesday, Oct. 26 at 6:00p.m. -- Choctaw Library, 25235 Muzzy Street (390-8418)
- Monday, Nov. 1 at 6:30p.m. -- The Village Library, 10307 N. Pennsylvania (755-0710)
- Saturday, Nov. 13 at 2:00p.m. -- Belle Isle Library, 5501 N. Villa (843-9601)
For more information about this or any Metropolitan Library System program, visit the MLS website, www.metrolibrary.org.
The Metropolitan Library System of Oklahoma County includes 12 libraries and five extension libraries. Libraries include Belle Isle, Capitol Hill, Ralph Ellison, Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library and Southern Oaks in Oklahoma City, as well as Bethany, Choctaw, Del City, Edmond, Midwest City, Village and Warr Acres. Extensions are located in the communities of Harrah, Jones, Luther and Nicoma Park and include Wright Library in Oklahoma City. You can also reach us at www.metrolibrary.org.