The Metropolitan Library System's thoughts are with those affected.
Following is information to assist those affected by the May 2013 tornados and those looking to provide assistance and help. If you or any loved ones need additional assistance with information about tornado relief services, please contact or stop by any local library.
Insurance Command Centers
- First Baptist Church of Moore
301 N.E. 27th Street, Moore OK
- File insurance claims, get questions answered about pending claims, use ATM's, rent a car
- Get information about health insurance, bank loans, insurance checks and utility updates
- Shawnee Expo Center (2nd floor)
1700 W. Independence, Shawnee OK
- Oklahoma Insurance Commission Representatives available
Lifestyle & Health Needs
Clothing & Laundry
- New Hope Church
37496 New Hope Road, Tecumseh, OK
- Clothing of all sizes, toiletries, diapers, baby clothes
- Tide Loads of Hope
Walmart on 19th Street, Moore OK
- Washers and dryers for laundry
- Cleveland County Health Department
1904 Gordon Cooper Drive, Shawnee, OK
- Variety Care Health Clinics
- Will see adults and kids if they have been injured in the tornado.
- They will also help replace lost medications.
- Need patient’s full name, location (relative house, shelter, church or wherever they are staying) phone number, list of meds including amounts and directions, pharmacy info.
- Call 405-632-6688
Meals & Hot Showers
Photo & Restoration Services
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum’s Dickinson Research Center
1700 NE 63rd Street Oklahoma City, OK 73111
- Volunteering to assist people with photographs and documents found or damaged because of the tornadoes. The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum will serve as a drop sight for documents and photographs. Items can also be mailed. Contact Gerrianne Schaad at 405-507-2822 or email@example.com
- Oklahoma School of Photography
2306 N. Moore Ave.
- OSOP is pledging to assist those who have been affected by the tornado. If you have damaged photographs, please get them to us and we will work on repairing them. We cannot guarantee a time frame, however we would like to do what we can. Please get us the images, a mailing place to get the final to you, and your name as well as any contact information that is still working.
- National Disaster Photo Rescue
Drop-off locations: Studio Innovation, Suburban Baptist Church, Moore Public Library
- National Disaster Photo Rescue project has returned thousands of photos blown away during a disaster. It is a huge effort, requiring both property owners to look around their land for photos, volunteers to gather and clean the photos, more volunteers to scan and categorize photos, and yet more volunteers to meet with disaster victims and help them find their lost memories.
- SBA Loans (Small Businesses)
- Wireless Charging Stations
- Moore Community Center
201 S. Howard, Moore OK
- Home Depot
SW 19th and Telephone Road, Moore OK
If you are a military ID card holder-Active, Reserve, NG, or Retiree and have been impacted by the tornados in Shawnee or Moore this week, please contact us by email Oklahoma@operationhomefront.net, or by calling the office 580-581-0772 to see how we may be able to help.
- American Humane Association Red Star Animal Emergency Services at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds in Norman
- USDA is processing, veterinary checking, and transporting pets to the Oklahoma City Animal Shelter and the Animal Resource Center
- Shawnee Animal Shelter has some space for pets who are displaced
- Centralized website for all lost and found pets: www.okclostpets.com
- The Pet Food Pantry of OKC is offering dog food, cat food, leashes, collars, food bowls, etc to those in need. (405) 664-2858 www.petfoodpantryokc.org
The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma Area Command offers a variety of services for citizens throughout the county. To access any of the services, please call 405-246-1060.
- Food Assistance – The Salvation Army’s Food Pantry provides bags of nonperishable food to families and seniors in need.
- Meals – Dinner is available to everyone and is served each evening at 5 p.m. at the Red Shield Kitchen, located at 330 SW 4th St.
- Emergency Shelter – Our men’s and family lodges are open 365 days per year to provide a warm, safe place to sleep for people in crisis. Call the Men’s Lodge at 405-246-1080 or The Family Lodge at 405-246-1133.
How to Help
- Feed the Children
- Moore & Shawnee Tornado Relief Fund
- Visiting www.TulsaCF.org.
- Mailing TCF offices at 7030 S. Yale, Suite 600, Tulsa, OK, 74136.
- Red Cross
- Regional Food Bank
- Calling 405-604-7111 to make a donation over the phone.
- Texting TORNADO to 32333 to have a $10 donation applied to your wireless bill.
- The following locations are accepting cash donations to benefit the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma’s disaster relief efforts:
- Panera Bread
- Jersey Mike’s
- Salvation Army
- United Way of Central Oklahoma’s Disaster Relief Fund
- Visiting www.unitedwayokc.org.
- Mailing United Way of Central Oklahoma, P.O. Box 837, Oklahoma City, OK 73101 with notation for May Tornado Relief.
- World Vision
Food and Supply Donations
- Feed the Children
- Dropping off donations to McCormick Distribution Center,29 N McCormick, Oklahoma City, OK
- Or any other drop off site below:
- Science Museum Oklahoma
- Crossings Community Church
- Oklahoma State University’s Parking and Transit Services
- Lakehoma Church of Christ
- Oklahoma City Repertory Theatre
- Toy Base 10
- Vintage Stock on May
- Quail Springs Baptist Church
- Oklahoma City Ballet
- Regional Food Bank of Central Oklahoma has adequate warehouse facilities to take in large relief supplies. If you would like to donate items, the most-needed food items are Gatorade (and similar drinks); healthy ready-to-eat, individual serving snacks, such as granola bars and cereal bars; and ready-to-serve pop-top canned foods, such as Vienna sausages.
- Dropping Off Donations to 3355 S. Purdue Avenue in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Or any of the drop off site below:
- Mathis Brothers Furniture (OKC)
- First Baptist Church Moore (Moore)
- All OKC and Tulsa LifeChurch.TV locations (OKC & Tulsa)
- Eagle Heights Church (OKC)
- JourneyChurch.TV (Norman)
- Riverwind Casino (Norman)
- St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church (OKC)
- Luther Town Hall (Luther, OK)
- Brendle Corners (Little Axe)
- Newcastle Storm Shelter (Norman)
Volunteer Time and Services
- Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corps - provides medical and public health professionals, as well as dedicated citizens, an organized system for volunteering during a large-scale emergency or disaster.
- National Disaster Photo Rescue - Looking for volunteers to help with the Lost Photos of Moore project. Most volunteers need to be local, or at least planning a local volunteer trip. We can take a few long-distance volunteers to help with some aspects on the tech and/or social media sides.
- Team Rubicon - unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy emergency response teams.